GT35 single turbo on going project!

G

Unregistered
hey pierre can you elaborate on the problem with the cam triggerwheel and the Haltech?

G

Unregistered
Right now I am still working on the wiring parts. still want to some how tuck it in pretty....but it's quite hard unlike honda engine.... ='(

but all the haltech sensor has been installed.....i'll update to guys later once i am on it.....

pierre if you can share experience here it would be great....so I have a heads up on the haltech E8 problem with 6a13tt.....

G

Unregistered
Yepp, sure. I got the most help from the guys at cvr4.co.uk. The Haltech is plug&play for the 7G Galant/Legnum, not the 8G. I run a manual gearbox, but a auto shouldnt be that much of a problem eather.

Quoting Ben at cvr4:
The issue they will be having is the halltech ecu probably wont understand the mitsubishi crank angle sensor set up.

If it cant be configured to work on hall effect crank angle, then convert over to ford, and use a cossie trigger wheel. Pretty much all the ecu's understand that.

Zentac on cvr4:
my FTO has a VR4 engine, (the FTO engine is very similar) we used the VR4 triggerwheel, unfortunatley I dont have any pictures of it, but if you look at the triggerwheel you see what I mean it has 3 big lugs on it, we chopped those off and set the timing up using the one remaining lug.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Chopping the extra two lugs off is something that had to be done with mine as well

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
I assume that this cam triggerwheel issue is when using the Haltech E8 and not the miniceptor.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Correct Mike: doesn't affect the interceptor / miniceptor as they take their readings off the OEM ECU :)

G

Unregistered
anyone can post up the pictures..... ='(

or maybe explain more regarding this trigger wheel issue

G

Unregistered
I spoke to the Haltech dealer here. And they knew about this. They gave a little explanation but it would be easier once I reached into ecu installation.

So I got this covered hopefully =)

G

Unregistered
all the wire almost done.....oil line is done too....wrapping all the piping is done....mmm what else...

some update pictures:

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I do like how you're running the front exhaust pipes down and around the engine. Do you have any pics from underneath the car showing how you've routed the pipes?

G

Unregistered
brad, i'll take a pic once I got a chance to do so....

if anything goes as plan, I am going to start the engine by next week....hopefully..... =)

I will be updating....

The battery is on the boot....

Top Bottom