Larger Injectors

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Mine arrived today too! So pretty haha :p
Now I just need to get my car back...Hopefully you get to have a play with it next week Steve!

Sorry Josh, wasn't trying to take credit for it. Just the info Jay passed on to me so others know where to grab them.

Oh right no worries. I didn't realise you had ordered a set as well. Jay is pretty well on the ball as far as communication goes.

Should be interesting to see how smooth they run with my twin feed fuel rail setup and 400lph fuel pump. :D

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Want me to get those Sards to you tomorrow Steve?

Done, in and running sweet. Follows target values at full load quite closely, and with closed loop turned off and target low load values of 14.7 it is runing around 14.7-15.2, pretty good.

Josh, and anyone else with ID725's I have Daivid's ID725s right now so I'll chuck them in shortly and check they run well and what values we should use for the injector size value and latencies. I'm not doubting the published data only that our ecu's may have some offset or something weird going on....

Kenneth

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Kenneth
Drive
1999 Galant VR-4
For those who are forking out for ID injectors, the manufacturer told me not to bother with 725s, the 1000s (and even bigger now) will idle just as well so you might as well get the 1000s. I am not saying people shouldn't have got 725s, they will be fine just passing on what the manufacturer told me. They were brilliant to deal with too, for what that is worth.

Steve, I can discuss the 1000s with you if you like, I have some base data (haven't finished dialing them but they seem pretty good) which is probably not much use for the 725 (though might give you a head start on what not to put in the scaling, namely 725 is going to be way too high... 1000s seem to sit around the 817 mark)

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Wow, that's way off, the sard 650's I have running at 661 to follow targets really closely (I'll check more on the dyno in the next little while). Based on that, potentially a sard 650 is a bigger injector than an ID725.... We'll soon know I guess.

As for size, I'd tend to agree, the 1000's are fantastic not sure if there is a price difference though.

Anyway, the 725's that David got look to be a very close fit to standard and don't look like they'll need fuel rail machining, if anything they're too short but I think they'll be close enough, I'm talking less than a mm.

Kenneth

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Kenneth
Drive
1999 Galant VR-4
What latency value(s) did you use for the SARDs?

When I got my injectors, the 1000cc ones were cheaper (more popular I guess).

The fit should be good, still not 100% sure on that little lip which holds the lower seal in place, that was the only thing which fouled on mine and then only just.

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Wow, that's way off, the sard 650's I have running at 661 to follow targets really closely (I'll check more on the dyno in the next little while). Based on that, potentially a sard 650 is a bigger injector than an ID725.... We'll soon know I guess.

As for size, I'd tend to agree, the 1000's are fantastic not sure if there is a price difference though.

Anyway, the 725's that David got look to be a very close fit to standard and don't look like they'll need fuel rail machining, if anything they're too short but I think they'll be close enough, I'm talking less than a mm.

Hey Steve,

I threw a vernier on and they're spot on with the inner dimension of 48.5mm. However I see how there might be a problem given the o-ring groove is so long on the end that inserts into the rail so when I install my injectors I will add an extra o ring.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
Had a wideband sensor fail so take back what I said about the sards, 597 seems to be a good size. So now I gotta do latencies again. Ah welll....

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Let me know if you can't get access to a set locally in order to rework them...

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
Oh they're still in, so that's ok :)

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
Ahh cool, very fortunate... least you didn't have to waste more time replacing them again

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
I thought it was a bit suspect so....

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Are you short a WB o2 sensor? I have an innovate one I still haven't installed if you want to borrow it.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
Meh, I just used the dyno one today....

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
Just for info, after speaking to Jay from jayracing about the ID injectors, he said the 1000's are a little bit over stated, ie they are more like 900's. Food for thought, and just passing on what I was told.

Schneider

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David
Drive
PFL Legnum Vr4
The ratings ID give are based off 60psi - 4 Barr fuel rail pressure. These injectors are designed for high fuel rail pressure. Pretty clear on their website

ID725 push 600 or so at 40 psi
ID1000 push 900 or so at 40 psi

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
Sounds about right, with interpolation of the Sards and these (I've never run them with 98, only E85) I would have had the 725's set to about 625 at our 43psi.... but then kenneth said he had his at 817, what I have found is that the latency values seem to be off a tiuch too, I've had to increase them from what they're meant to be by a bit, I'm running as follows:

The low volt values (*) will be way high as I'm running E85 and need it to cold start, I think some are just factory actually.... they seem to go really long at low voltage
4.69V 6.12ms*
7.03V 4.008ms*
9.38V 2.577ms*
11.72V 1.392ms
14.06V 1.2ms
16.41V 1.008ms
18.68V 0.912ms

Im not convinced our table is correct though as when using these injectors in aftermarket ECU's the published data appears spot, but not here, we should be at .8ms at 14V, maybe our voltage address is wrong? Or there is an offset?

Anyway, it doesn't take that long to setup and this worked for me. BTW the 725's idled smoother than the Sards, I didn't notice the sards were better or worse than stock, but these are better, so possibly even better than stock. Like I said, they're a great injector. Just get the 1000's though.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
Steve / Christian, where did you get your fuel rail spacers machined up please...?

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
Cheers, so nothing amazingly special about them material wise?

Top Bottom