Larger Injectors

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
just provide them your current spacer.. tell them to make you something similar but of course with the length that you're after..

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Akko, I have the dimensions you need for the sard 650s, I have to get some spacers made for another car do do you wasn't me to get an extra 4?

Kenneth

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Kenneth
Drive
1999 Galant VR-4
Below are the injector latency and size values I am using for my ID1000 Injectors
I don't claim these to be accurate, but they work well on my car. It takes a little while for the closed loop system to adjust but once it does, I have been getting great fuel economy (last 2 tanks have been 9.8km/L without trying) and the car is running great.

Injector size (DSM): 817

VoltageLatency

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
thanks Kenneth, rob and I were setting his up over the phone on the weekend, they're not quite there but I'll be doing it properly in a couple of weeks so well see how it goes. Doing the 725s in another car on Saturday again showed the low load mapping to be a bit off, running it completely open loop you could achieve targets at idle but then it would go about 1.5 points lean in cruise and them follow targets again, but turning closed loop back on it settled pretty quick. You can work around it in open loop anyway. As an aside what I now want is to be able to change the closed loop points for each map, so I could leave closed loop on for one fuel but off for another.... Not the end of the world but it would be nice.....

That reminds me I owe you a few donations....

Kenneth

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Kenneth
Drive
1999 Galant VR-4
Hi Steve

The settings above are done using otherwise standard closed loop functionality. I couldn't get it to work right on just open loop, and since we can change the open loop load points I didn't see it worth while trying to play with that.

The main thing I aimed for was getting the fuel trims working correctly at idle and fairly close AFRs on load. The settings posted did this for me, though I do still have a few minor issues

1) On very light acceleration at through a fairly small RPM window, it runs lean
2) On lift off, it goes rich

I suspect these are to do with other compensation values though, I just haven't bothered to do much about them since I am getting good fuel economy and the car is otherwise running great :) Turbos are getting noisy though, I suspect they don't like running pressures in the high 20s :p

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Akko, I have the dimensions you need for the sard 650s, I have to get some spacers made for another car do do you wasn't me to get an extra 4?

Yes please Steve, that would be awesome !
Cheers.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
@Kenneth, fair enough, yeah I suspect those turbos are doing pretty high rpm to get to that boost level

@Akko, when do you need them by?

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Hi Kenneth, would you mind advising what fuel brand and type you are running?

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
@Steve whenever you're doing the other set is fine, no firm plans as yet but will let you know if that changes.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Ah ok I thought you were talking a form of E85

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
I was running united until last week, back to98 now, the united was consistently e87 plus. Good stuff

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
Nah I just tested it with the water in the glass tube thing you buy on Ebay for a few bucks. Gotta look into making a car run proper flex with a sensor though....

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
The plugs don't match but that's fine because new plugs and pins came with and these's no need to solder.

The injectors I've ordered are specifically for a 3000GT with JDM clips & plugs.

Regarding the IDs, did you pay extra for the Denso plug and play option or something else and how was the fitment in the end?

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
Chris,
I recently installed the ID1000's (Steve is tuning it this weekend) with the pigtails. Now I cut, soldered, heat shrinked and also used high heat wire tubing to maintain a factory look. Not too hard to do with a bit of time, and basic soldering skills. As for the injector fit, straight in with the stock rail spacers (I did use a second rail o ring on each injector due to the design).
The Denso plug looms were about $20ea, and I thought they would clutter the engine bay a bit, so I went the pigtail route, so everything looks neat and stock.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Chris,
I recently installed the ID1000's (Steve is tuning it this weekend) with the pigtails. Now I cut, soldered, heat shrinked and also used high heat wire tubing to maintain a factory look. Not too hard to do with a bit of time, and basic soldering skills. As for the injector fit, straight in with the stock rail spacers (I did use a second rail o ring on each injector due to the design).
The Denso plug looms were about $20ea, and I thought they would clutter the engine bay a bit, so I went the pigtail route, so everything looks neat and stock.
Pictures or it didn't happen!

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
Thanks Rob - cheers for the info, fortunately cosmetics aren't super important in my case instead saving on time/labour costs is (no cutting corners though). Would otherwise love to have the time to DIY but my current work/life balance simply doesn't afford me that luxury. :( Going with existing SARD units I have on hand for now...

LOUD1

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Rhys fricker
Drive
Mitsubishi Turbo 6G74 Magna
Hey. Guys quick question... If you dont know the answer its cool.. I got 6x 6g74 injctors spare.. Do you reckon, these would flow more fuel then the stock 6a13tt injectors?. .. ( 3.5 n/a = 6g74 ) and (2.5 twin turbo = 6a13tt) be great to know

Top Bottom