Larger Injectors

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Dunno if they'd fit regardless but might?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Rhys, can you post a pic of those 6G74 injectors with the product numbers on the side please, so we can compare it.

LOUD1

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Rhys fricker
Drive
Mitsubishi Turbo 6G74 Magna
Rhys, can you post a pic of those 6G74 injectors with the product numbers on the side please, so we can compare it.
Sure can i'll do it tonight... Also guys.. The magna throttles are a bolt on to the 6a13 manifolds. And are bigger then the standards throttles

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
THe magna injectors are 305cc I think, VR4 are 390cc. Bill or his mate Adam would know for sure, we were talking about it Saturday night.

Schneider

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David
Drive
PFL Legnum Vr4
Judging by the 275 in its name I would say they are 275cc. So potentially smaller

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
thanks for the pic..

i think its high impedance 275cc?

so definitely alot lower than the vr4's

LOUD1

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Rhys fricker
Drive
Mitsubishi Turbo 6G74 Magna
thanks for the pic..

i think its high impedance 275cc?

so definitely alot lower than the vr4's
thank you guys... has the thottle body sizes popped up befor? magna ones being bigger the the manual 6a13tt throttle bodies

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Yep, a few have done it

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
at that price they better not fit else ill be sad, thats my thoughts...

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
I'm looking at getting a few sets of ID1000 injectors, or maybe the bosch equivalents if I can get them a bit cheaper, who would be wanting them assuming I can get them at about $630 for a full set of 6?

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Previous: Black PFL Legnum
Current: TD5 Land Rover Disco
Possibly, depending on financials at the time.

though the SARD units run around $110 a piece on RHDJapan, ex.shipping

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
the one Steve posted, have been tested and are 1000cc I believe the sard are only 550cc..

id go for tried and tested.. and what my tuner's recommend/known from experience..

Kenneth

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Kenneth
Drive
1999 Galant VR-4
Why spend money on injectors which are not only smaller, but older technology? The sards have been around as long as I have been into VR-4s, which is coming up 10 years... (feeling old)

My understanding is that injectors have changed in the last few years and it makes quite a difference.

Possibly, depending on financials at the time.

though the SARD units run around $110 a piece on RHDJapan, ex.shipping

uzz320

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Martin
Drive
99 Legnum
I'm looking at getting a few sets of ID1000 injectors, or maybe the bosch equivalents if I can get them a bit cheaper, who would be wanting them assuming I can get them at about $630 for a full set of 6?

I would probably be keen depending on when you could come back down here to do an e85 tune for me (and when you would be ordering them)... I would probably want adaptor harnesses to save me cutting up the stock wiring though.

Unco_Tomato

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt
Drive
1996 White Manual Legnum w/ FL Kit
I'd want a set for sure, but given my recent automotive costs, it will likely be 2-3 months before I can afford the upgrade (along with COP and a couple of other goodies).

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
I could be tempted depending on price and if you'll point me in the right direction of installing them on a tune day.

Top Bottom