Part numbers to be added to Parts Guide

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Top is MR212528 for VR-4's, no exceptions at all.

Bottom can be MR212529 or 530 depending on model (auto or manual). I think they are actually all interchangable though.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I can verify those part numbers are correct, not only is that what shows up in CAPS/ASA but I've ordered those hoses from Japan using those part numbers. I've also used those part numbers to get prices from Amcap, the Mitsubishi parts distributor in WA, so they CAN be referenced by those with the correct databases. It sounds like the people you spoke to either don't have access to all the databases (Mitsubishi Australia use different software) or don't know how to search them properly. Not saying they weren't TRYING to help, but maybe their hands are tied? Try the distributor for your state instead of a dealership.

Oh and Ivan's silicone hoses are FAR better quality than the stock rubber braided hoses - I highly recommend getting those instead.

eddyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddy
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S, 2007 Kawasaki ZX14
thanks for that.. Also where the lower radiator hose fits to the engine the alloy housing has corroded under the hose, big lump of some mineral build up. ive cleaned it all up but its still leaking.

And so i need a new one of these too - Trevor can you source me the part number for this little housing? it looks like a thermostat housing, although i would have thought that was on the upper hose end.. dunno.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
If they are going to try and screw you with a hugely expensive price, I have one here.

eddyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddy
Drive
thanks heaps for that Brad - see how i go...

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
And so i need a new one of these too - Trevor can you source me the part number for this little housing? it looks like a thermostat housing, although i would have thought that was on the upper hose end.. dunno.
MD330403, yes the thermostat is underneath it as the lower hose is for return coolant (the upper is the coolant outlet from the engine). I made a phone call for you, they're $91.08 if you get it from Australia (price from Amcap), but none of the mitsi distributors have stock locally, so it'll have to come from Japan.

eddyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddy
Drive
wow, thankyou very much for doing that! ive just put a worm drive hose clamp on it for the moment, should keep me going for the short term..

G

Unregistered
Auto gear selector dust covers. These appear to go missing sometimes.

While changing this today I took a note of the 2 part numbers on the covers in case they can be ordered from Mitzi. One is for LHD the other RHD. The part is the same it is just reversed for L or R. I don't think they can but it may be worth a try

MR388801 LHD

MR276626 RHD

Attachments

• SL700684 [1024x768].jpg
    SL700684 [1024x768].jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 49

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Hey guys, just wondering what the part no. and approx cost for the center vent is, not the surround but the actual vents themselves. The pivot part on both of mine broke somehow :banghead:

G

Unregistered
They aren't listed on there own but you should be able to pick up a seconhand one

Hey guys, just wondering what the part no. and approx cost for the center vent is, not the surround but the actual vents themselves. The pivot part on both of mine broke somehow :banghead:

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
yeah, luckly my parents are in NZ for holidays so they stopped by a wrecker and got a whole air vent part, too bad its in carbon fibre and the rest of my dash is silver, oh well.

Dont suppose anyone knows how to take them out without breaking them?

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
i think mine may have already been broken, how fragile are they? is it just pressing in both sides then pulling it forward, then to but them back in just press them back? Cheers.

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Right Front Guard MR273256 - $682.45 Incl GST - (Same for Series1&2)
Left Front Guard MR273255 - $682.45 Incl GST - (Same for Series1&2)
Series1 PFL Bonnet MR273242 - $825.25 Incl GST
Series2 FL Bonnet MR439095 - $906.70 Incl GST
Hood weatherstrip clips MU481027 - $3.98 ea incl GST

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
i swear that ive spotted it in the parts numbers guide, but maybe im just going blind

can someone hit me up with part numbers for replacement o2 sensors?

cheers guys

G

Unregistered
Part number is MD189008
i swear that ive spotted it in the parts numbers guide, but maybe im just going blind

can someone hit me up with part numbers for replacement o2 sensors?

cheers guys

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
thanks guys. im taking it that the first one is genuine mitsi and the ngk may be more readily available from repco or something?

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
according to repco, the ngk one is discontinued and has been replaced with a bosch one. number 0258986507. is anyone able to confirm this?
cheers

Top Bottom