Part numbers to be added to Parts Guide

nick79

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Nick
Drive
98 legnum
After trying to get my starter motor repaired, which the sparyky said was propper f*#@ed, he tracked down a suitable replacement off the shelf. He didn't take my cash but directed me to the outlet that stocks them so pretty happy that the original was really buggered.
I think the store is ashdown ingram, the starter is OEX brand and the part number is MXS297, $300 and a 3 year warranty to boot.

There are 2 mods neede to make it fit as it is not just for our car. drilling out one of the mounting holes is required, as well as removal of the tabs on the +ve pin.

Cheers

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
I need the part number for the little plastic/rubber covers for the vertical cargo barrier. They cover the hole you need to cut in the the top trim.

Some pics to help with describing what I am after:
5859646238_9d14c9f556_z.jpg

5794937877_53d519815a_z.jpg

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
Control arm Part numbers and Details:

Part No PNC
Part Spec
MR296295 40330AL LH straight arm (ARM ASSY,FR SUSP LATERAL,LWR LH) $148.00
MR296296 40330AR RH straight arm (ARM ASSY,FR SUSP LATERAL,LWR RH) $128.00
MR296293 40320AL LH bent arm (ARM ASSY,FR SUSP,LWR LH) $248.00
MR296292 40320AR RH bent arm (ARM ASSY,FR SUSP,LWR RH) $248.00

Prices are from Bill as of yesterday

vr4jim

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jim
Drive
1998 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
MR238278 Battery holder - $12.90
MR266919 Air Snorkel - $134.00 From Japan
MR221507 Grill clip - $4.70
MD318212 Engine Cover bolts - $3.70

Prices are without gst

G

Unregistered
Possible Fuel Filters (In Progress)

Final confirmed list is over in this thread.

Updated with some info thanks to Mitch (Mr Legnum)

-----

Wesfil/Cooper WCF96 - $18 @ Autobarn (Probably need to order in)

Straight inlet like factory item. Mookers & I fitted this to his PFL Legnum with no problems at all.

- Mitsubishi Galant 2.0L, 2.5L V6 1996-2000 Import. Petrol inc Estate.
- Mitsubishi Verada 3.5L V6 2003-2005 KL Petrol. 6Cyl. 6G74. MPFI. AWD

-----

Wesfil/Cooper WZ541 - price unknown - <---- WARNING, PERHAPS SAME PROBLEMS AS RYCO Z541

Has slight bend in inlet pipe. Wesfil seem a bit confused about whether to recommend this or the one above!

- Legnum VR4 2.5L V6 ... 1996-2006
- Mitsubishi Legnum VR4 2.5L V6 1996-2006 Petrol W/- 6A13tt Eng. Imported. Twin Turbo. Fuel Filter could be WCF96. (It actually says that, WTF?)

Z541.jpg

-----

Ryco Z541 - $64.05 @ Bursons <---- NOT RECOMMENDED. FUEL LEAKS!

Has slight bend in inlet pipe causing fuel hose to rub on the underbody. It's also slightly longer.

The outlet pipe wouldn't seal up resulting in constantly leaking fuel. Not sure if this was due to the extra length or a slight difference in the flare fitting.

z541.jpg

-----

Ryco Z564 - $22 @ Autobarn

Straight inlet like factory item, need confirming. No picture sorry.

-----

Repco RFF-33 - Needs confirmation & Price known

Old part number was RFF-113 and had straight inlet pipe. No pic of new part number sorry.

Repco catalog lists this for:

- Mitsubishi Verada KL 6Cyl 3.5 EFI 6G74, Jul-03 to Oct-04

-----

Repco RFF-96 - Needs confirmation & Price unknown

Repco catalog lists this for:

- Mitsubishi Challenger PA 6Cyl 3.0 EFI 6G72, Mar-98 to Jul-04

-----

Genuine Mitsubishi MR212200 - $66.26

It appears you get the cradle with it too, not that it's necessary to replace.

MR212200.jpg

-----

There's also a reference in the Repco catalog to a Genuine Mitsubishi MR239580

Perhaps it's an updated part number (for the Verada perhaps?). This needs confirming.

MR266494.jpg

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
Both the gen's posted don't have the slightly bent inlet though....the ones I have been fitting are the Z541's

G

Unregistered
Both the gen's posted don't have the slightly bent inlet though....the ones I have been fitting are the Z541's

The old Repco ones were straight too, no idea if the updated ones are or now. Anyway, there's lots of movement in the inlet hose.

These pics are showing the OLD Repco part.

IMG046.jpg

IMG039.jpg

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Some posts have been removed to avoid confusion for those looking for fuel filters. If you have an issue, PM me.

G

Unregistered
Ryco Z541 fuel filter to suit our cars - $64.05 from Bursons.

(Have updated main post with more info, please see there)

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
That seems really expensive, I remember buying one recently for around $20 to $30.

G

Unregistered
Ryco brand? Considering they only suit a single model sold on the Australian market (Challenger V6 4WD) I can understand why they might be pricey.

Looking around online they seem to be $50+ but I'd expect the Coopers to be cheaper if you can find them, the Synergy link I posted has then at about $36

The old model Repco filter was about $35 but no idea if the new one is the same.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
I think it was a Repco unit. It definitely didn't have that kink in the pipe though.

G

Unregistered
In regards to the fuel filter, I bought one From Autobarn for the Legnum that their computer lists as the recommended direct replacement for the factory one.It was $13 and was Identical to the one I removed.I don't have the part number OR remember the brand but if you call Autobarn it will be in their computer.I will call them In a minute actually.

G

Unregistered
I think it was a Repco unit. It definitely didn't have that kink in the pipe though.

Possibly the old Repco then, they didn't have that bend.

In regards to the fuel filter, I bought one From Autobarn for the Legnum that their computer lists as the recommended direct replacement for the factory one.It was $13 and was Identical to the one I removed.I don't have the part number OR remember the brand but if you call Autobarn it will be in their computer.I will call them In a minute actually.

Autobarn stock Ryco and Westfil/Cooper.

G

Unregistered
Just called Autobarn, Have a reliable and very knowledgeable friend who works there who grabbed these details off their Parts List
1997 Legnum VR-4--2.5L Twin Turbo Replacement Fuel Filter (s)

Ryco Z564 $22
Wesfill WCS96 $18

Both are commonly stocked Items and if not stocked can be freighted for free from Perth.Mine arrived next day, I got the Wesfill , cant remember why.Seemed Identical and was a perfect fit and seems to be doing its job just fine after 1500kms. Not bad for $18

Top Bottom