Part numbers to be added to Parts Guide

G

Unregistered
For $20 and a few minutes labour you can do it as often as you want lol. I have always heard annually for preventative maintenance .

G

Unregistered
Just called Autobarn, Have a reliable and very knowledgeable friend who works there who grabbed these details off their Parts List
1997 Legnum VR-4--2.5L Twin Turbo Replacement Fuel Filter (s)

Ryco Z564 $22
Wesfill WCS96 $18

Both are commonly stocked Items and if not stocked can be freighted for free from Perth.Mine arrived next day, I got the Wesfill , cant remember why.Seemed Identical and was a perfect fit and seems to be doing its job just fine after 1500kms. Not bad for $18

That's really interesting, but I think you might have misheard the Wesfil one over the phone.

Looking at the Wesfil Cooper catalog for fuel filters again I found this...

WCF96 - Mitsubishi Galant 2.0L, 2.5L V6 1996-2000 Import. Petrol inc Estate.
WZ541 - Mitsubishi Legnum VR4 2.5L V6 1996-2006 Petrol W/- 6A13tt Eng. Imported. Twin Turbo. Fuel Filter could be WCF96.

WTF is that bonus note that was in the small print? "It might be this one, or hey it might be other one LOL"

The only other car that has a listing for WCF96 is:

Mitsubishi Verada 3.5L V6 2003-2005 KL Petrol. 6Cyl. 6G74. MPFI. AWD

Bizarro. Cheaper is better, I'll update the post above with your details, good work!

G

Unregistered
Yes it is probably WCF96 I have a bit of trouble hearing sometimes (thanks army lol)
The Ryco is definitely the right number though.

G

Unregistered
Annually?...

:/

um.

lol

Yeah as in once a year. Dunno where this idea originated but I have always done it and so do a lot of my mates. If it was a harder and more expensive job I would find an excuse to do it less often haha.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
I've not been neglecting it because it's a difficult job... I've been neglecting it because I hadn't even thought about it since replacing it when I got the car 4 years ago... lol

I wonder if my recent troubles (after the fuel pump upgrade) were caused by something stirred up in the fuel tank temporarily blocking the 4 year old fuel filter... hmm....

Ernz1981

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ernz
Drive
1997 Galant VR4
anyone here got the part number for the clear side indicators.......mine are orange (assuming it's a pre facelift thing).

G

Unregistered
anyone here got the part number for the clear side indicators.......mine are orange (assuming it's a pre facelift thing).

You can get genuine ones for the mirage/2000's tritons that are a direct replacement. Autobarn has them you can get the part number from them if you can't find it elsewhere.the orange ones are so ugly I need to change mine too.

ed84

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddie
Drive
09' Mitsubishi SWB Pajero NT X DiD, Honda CBR250rr
HAD: 99' Legnum s 2 Type S, 98' Galant S2 Type V

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
Do they make much difference or is it more to replace if wearing out?

ed84

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddie
Drive
09' Mitsubishi SWB Pajero NT X DiD, Honda CBR250rr
HAD: 99' Legnum s 2 Type S, 98' Galant S2 Type V
Should just replace the ones wearing out i would think. My car was clunking a LOT in the rear, and after my quick test drive last night - it isn't...
But I have had on going problems with the links and control arms that the links bolt too... Im starting to think there is something up with the sway bar.

Blue legnum

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joe
Drive
2013 Suzuki Swift Sport , 65 Mustang 351w
Steering Rack Boots

Steering Rack Boots - Grommet Brand - BMSRB1 (fits Legnum/Galant) - $10.88 from SuperCheap

Steerin rack boots.jpg

G

Unregistered
Oil Pressure Sender

ALL RIGHT..So after a bunch of calling around Mitsi shops and trying to fool everyone into helping me against their will (they refuse to just help, I don't understand) I have managed to confirm an after market Oil Pressure Sender is available.

I picked up a Tridon TPS007 from Autobarn for $13.80 (vs $40+ from Mitsi) Its compatible with a lot of magnas/pajeros that use the same genuine item (1258A002) so I should be fine.
images

rooks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2005 ST246 Caldina GT4
Rocker Cover Gasket Kit

Purchased from Coventrys
Brand: Torqueone (AA gaskets, Victoria 1800 620 895 )
Code: RC3022K
Price:$66 per kit (need 2 kits)
1 Rocker cover gasket, 3 spark plug seals, 9 bolt seals
IMG_20120424_220253.jpg

rooks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2005 ST246 Caldina GT4
PCV Valve and rubber grommet

Brand: Fuelmiser
Product code: PCV-111 (1996+ Lancer CE 4G93) Gormmet: PCG-03
Purchased from: Veale Auto
$10 for the PCV
$9 for the gormmet
both :( prices but what do you do!

thanks to Chris (Naugtika) for pointing me to the right direction.
IMG_20120426_132533.jpg

G

Unregistered
Brand: Fuelmiser
Product code: PCV-111 (1996+ Lancer CE 6G93) Gormmet: PCG-03
Purchased from: Veale Auto

thanks to Chris (Naugtika) for pointing me to the right direction.

What were the prices?

Top Bottom