RIP to WTF-70M ...but "spotted" on page 13

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Hell, I'd still go for a spin in it should we ever meet up. I like pretty much any rare JDM.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
hey tom, what the insurance like on one of these?

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
I have so much time ahead of me to get back in to one, or in to an Evo (which is my ultimate at the moment)..

Cheap to run, but can be fun for a while, then property, then back in to a fast performer :)

I know a lot of you won't agree with it, and I know some will, but oh well, my car and it'll be great for me for a while, it's just what I need right now in a car!

I agree with you 100% Tom, but then again, I'm an old bloke ;)

I've done exactly what you're planning to do (get cheap to run car, get properties and then get performance car).

It just feels better handing over cash for a car rather than going cap in hand to the bank so they can ream you with interest charges on a depreciating asset.

Good move and good long term foresight, especially for a young bloke of your age.

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
I think the barrier you hit is still out of place. You got it good and proper ;)

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Bizarre that people don't like this idea... I don't give a fuvl about it being "sensible", it's just a damn cool car.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
AE111's are cool.... They actually even looked cool from factory!

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
I think the barrier you hit is still out of place. You got it good and proper ;)

Hahaha it is actually, someone on here posted that they saw workers trying to fix it up but they couldn't! :p

Thanks for the support everyone, as you all know I'd still love my VR4 if I hadn't have smashed it.. But oh well, always time for more fast cars later when I can properly afford it!

Insurance is about $1100 a year with JustCar if I had a clean driving record, add a few hundred a year more because of my record/claim :sneaky2:

M0R81U5

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mick
Drive
PFL Legnum
+1 on the Trueno, I love these.

The 20V 4AGE is one of my all time favourite engines. I used to drive a Datto 1200 ute with the 20V in it, damn it was fun

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
MMMMM Trueno with SSR meshies. Very nice

trueno5es.jpg

G

Unregistered
Damm man, I only just spotted this thread, I'm sorry to hear it got writen off.

This explains why my insurance has gone up a few hundred dollars I'm guessing there have been a few claims now

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Jason, that AE86 looks SO AWESOME OMG

Thanks Emanuel, it was pretty shit but oh well, that's life! Ups and downs, can only get back up and move on!

Mick, it's a lot of fun, it just loves to rev! Haha.. :)

dr-25-lt

1000th Member!
First Name
michael
Drive
'98 white FL S2 legnum
cool looking lil beast... hell of a lotta options...

if u do the carbon bonnet, u could call it mini me (or son of... lol)

if u dont mind me being rude, what did u pay for the toyota???

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
$14k for it! Figured $11k for a stock one, then a few grand to get it to a level I like, or buy one I know is in top condition with everything done :)

Filled up for the first time Sat morn, got 600km from a $50 tank :)

Twice as good and cheaper than the vr4.. So it really fits my needs for now

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
I thought it was time to change it! Move on from the past :p haha..

Like getting rid of photos of an ex LOL

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Nah, they go on the dart board prior to incineration..... couldn't do that to WTF-70M......

Top Bottom