RIP to WTF-70M ...but "spotted" on page 13

G

Unregistered
hey tom im sorry to hear what happened bout you car glad ur ok u can always replace a car but never a human you just get what u want and feel good in the rest will fall into place

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Thanks Bella, and thanks again everyone!

Mick, one of my mates said the same thing haha.. Then realised it must've been my corner, buzzed me and found out what happened (they heard I crashed but not details)

I just don't like FTO's enough to buy one ay lol that's all that decision comes down to! For a long time, I haven't really liked them all that much :(

I'm pretty dead set on the Civic VTI-R at the moment however :)

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Tom, I do like the Civic VTi-R coupe as well, but you might find it cramped inside..

good luck to your next car purchase either way..

M0R81U5

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mick
Drive
PFL Legnum
10k , if is not too rough ill buy it!!

Not rough at all. Oh and its the GP model. Got sporty seats, steerer and 17" wheels and some other crap. Still only the 110kw motor but it goes OK for what it is.

And to make sure I'm not hijacking....I'm sorry again Tom :)

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
1998 Series 2 Pearl White Legnum
wow i have not been here in ages, sorry to hear this dude, im half wishing they write mine off as parts look like thaey may end up costing way too much, then i can pay off most of my debt and get a cheaper much more economical car.

The paying of debt idea sounds pretty good to me i must say

SupremeMoFo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Evan
Drive
MY01 Magna Sports
But remember Tom if you get the Audi A4 the mods (and fun ;)) are over. I mean there are basically no performance parts available for them and apart from very basic mods it'll have to stay stock.
I'd disagree with that. The engine is used in numerous instances across the Volkswagen group and there's plenty of tuning companies dedicated to VW product.

jonesyVR4

Crunching Gears
First Name
Mark
Drive
EP71 Starlet turbo
I'd disagree with that. The engine is used in numerous instances across the Volkswagen group and there's plenty of tuning companies dedicated to VW product.

I agree, there are plenty of parts & they can be built to go very quick.
You just need to know who to speak to

Search "Bug Racer" on Audi & VW forums

Cheers
Mark

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
I guess it's a bit like these cars then, I never knew where to get a hold of anything specific for my Leggy until I discovered here by mistake.
But it IS still a boring A4, makes baby jesus cry and all...;)

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Haha yeah I talked to a couple of people who I know who've owned A4 1.8T's before.. They all told me they regretted it LOL..

Anyway, this is what I'm buying in the next couple of weeks once finance is sorted!

Trueno1.jpg

Trueno2.jpg

1997 AE111 Toyota Sprinter Trueno :)

Now to think of a plate, thinking JDM-70M to keep up the tradition I've had (OMG-70M and WTF-70M) haha..

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
keep the wtf 70m if you can

always liked the trueno. i think the high revs will keep you entertained for a while

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
If I had the money, I would LOVE to do up a 4Gen Liberty in all the ways I wanted to before, but never had the cash to do hehe..

Mods list:

Engine:
i.mec Trumpets
Exhaust Heat Wrap
HKS Racing Header 4-1
Blitz Realize TT Catback
Toda Adjustable Cam Gears
C-one cooling panel
custom High Flow Metal Cat
Overdrive Lightweight Waterpump Pulley
Strengthened Engine Mount
Splitfire Twin Core Ignition Leads
K&N Air Filter
GReddy E-manage blue

Drivetrain:
TODA flywheel
exedy clutch
braided clutch line

Footwork:
AP/Dixel brake disc
Racing gear brake pads Rear
APP brake lines
Custom front Earl's Brake lines
15' Sparco NS1 wheels
Bridgestone RE001 Adrenelin tyres
Macpherson Strut Conversion
Allignment products: Noltech polyurethane bushes/ SuperPro inner rear castor; anti lift bush for front lower control arm / Whiteline Camberbolts
EBC red stuff brake pads Front
TRD sway bar (F only, Macpherson)
Custom Koni Coilovers
Tein Pillow Ball upper mount
5kg/mm straight coil springs, F

Chassis:
C-one front strut brace
Carbing Okuyama Rear Strut Brace
Custom Lower Arm Brace

Interior:
R-parts solid shifter mount
APEXi RSM
TRD speedo
Tom's Carbon Cluster
Red LED dash/console light conversion
Sparco carbon pedals
Sparco Torino reclinables

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
Yeah, a carbon bonnet would do nicely.

But i think you'll get bored with it very quickly. I doubt it will come close to the performance of the VR-4.
I test drove a one with basic performance upgrades before and I found myself brushing the 8000RPM line very often. Didn't do much for me. Similar to an FTO.

On the other hand, drop an 3S-GTE in there and you'll be back in business brother.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
300 degree lumpy cams might be your new best friend

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
Yeah, a carbon bonnet would do nicely.

But i think you'll get bored with it very quickly. I doubt it will come close to the performance of the VR-4.
I test drove a one with basic performance upgrades before and I found myself brushing the 8000RPM line very often. Didn't do much for me. Similar to an FTO.

On the other hand, drop an 3S-GTE in there and you'll be back in business brother.

See, I agree with that VR4 comments, but I don't want another VR4 ay (Plus, don't want a series 1, and another series 2 won't match the love I had for my old one!), and there isn't anything that can compare to VR4 performance that isn't Turbo.. I don't want a turbo, having a turbo will just go backwards with my current goals and ambitions!

I have so much time ahead of me to get back in to one, or in to an Evo (which is my ultimate at the moment)..

Cheap to run, but can be fun for a while, then property, then back in to a fast performer :)

So yeah, it's been set in stone, I'm getting this Trueno :)

I know a lot of you won't agree with it, and I know some will, but oh well, my car and it'll be great for me for a while, it's just what I need right now in a car!

If I come back whinging later, you can say "I told you so" :p

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
I know a lot of you won't agree with it, and I know some will, but oh well, my car and it'll be great for me for a while, it's just what I need right now in a car!

10 out of 10 Tom!!!!!!

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
Thanks Kitty :) x

Top Bottom