VR4 Workshop Manual

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
This is a link to the Workshop Manual for the non-turbo 6A13, the 4G63 and the 4D68 engines. There are many similarities between the NA 6A13 and our VR4's.

So why don't we have an actual VR4 Workshop Manual? Put simply, an English version of the 6A13TT manual was never released by Mitsubishi, although you can download the original Japanese manual from here.

A company called JPNZ are developing an English translation that we'll be able to buy for just NZ$99. They've collected deposits from those who have already registered their interest and are in the process of translating the manual into English (which is expected to take until the end of August, at this stage) - please read through this thread for details and go here to purchase one.

Please note that once the translation has been completed and the first 150 orders have been fully paid for, the price of these manuals will rise to NZ$150.

GavDaniels

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin Daniels
Drive
2006 Mercedes Benz ML320CDI

Previously Owned
1997 Legnum VR-4 Type S
2000 Galant VR-4 Type V (Race Car) (regretful sale)
Hey Guys,

There are a few online translation sites, so maybe we should create a thread to divvy up the manual into pages, and each member select a page and make the translations. Then those of us with Acrobat pro, could paste in the translations?

That would give us a translated manual.

I would not bother going looking for stuff from jpnz.co.nz or repairmanual.co.nz, I tried purchasing a translated one from them, and got nothing, and emailing them does not get a reply.

Regards
Gavin

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I can do the whole lot, if you like. Its fairly easy, although if you want it to be READABLE I'll have to take some time to do some editing... A quick and dirty version could be ready within a week, but a fully re-written translation might take a month or more.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Looks like I'm going to make myself look like an ass - sadly, translating this from Japanese to English is going to be a LOT more work than I anticipated. Machine translating some of the pages is resulting in difficult to read broken Engrish at BEST. At worst, I'm ending up with utterly untranslatable / unrecognisable characters. I'm going to try to talk to some Japanese people that I know who might be able to point me in the right direction to get it done.

G

Unregistered
Workshop Manual Translation.
Its breathrough time boys. All we have to do is register our interest in the 99-2002 Legnum 6A13tt with http://www.jpnz.co.nz/. When they have 150 they will translate and publish the manual for $99 New Zealand.
So come on get typing. I have notified the UK VR$ club so it should not take long.

G

Unregistered
JPNZ are great, they translated the ~400 page R33 service manual i have too.

G

Unregistered
The correct Shop Manual

Workshop Manual Translation.
Its breathrough time boys. All we have to do is register our interest in the 99-2002 Legnum 6A13tt with http://www.jpnz.co.nz/. When they have 150 they will translate and publish the manual for $99 New Zealand.
So come on get typing. I have notified the UK VR$ club so it should not take long.

96-2002.
Click on Buy on line, then Mitsubishi and so on.

G

Unregistered
You should get a reply like this Send Date: 17 Oct 2007 2:35 PM

Thank you for requesting the 1996~2002 Mitsubishi GALANT / LEGNUM Code: WM214 workshop/repair manual. Once we have a sufficient number of request we will translate the manual. Please keep an eye on the request counter and await our email to confirm your request.

Team @ JPNZ

Nash

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Craig
Drive
1988 Honda CRX (Series 2)
1998 FL Legnum VR-4
2012 Kia Optima Platnum
Guys, are you sure thats the 6A13TT engine that is covered ?

not just the 6A13... We already have that manual.....

:D

EDIT: I guess it does say VR4....Hmm

EDIT2: Try putting the Jap text in http://translate.live.com seems to work a bit better than babel fish !

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
My GOD Ian you are an absolute LEGEND I could freaken KISS YOU (if-I-was-a-little-less-hetero-and-possibly-slightly-gay-which-I'm-not-in-any-way-so-lets-not-get-too-excited-or-worried-depending-on-your-personal-sexual-persuasion-lets-just-forget-about-it-ok?)!!

I've actually been getting quotes from professional translation services... anyone care to guess just how much this would cost? ;)

EDIT: Go here for a direct link to the one you want - if its asking you for AUD$50 (NZ$59.95) then you're looking at Owner's Manuals, not Workshop / Service manuals. There's a different link on the left hand side ;) Or just click my link :)

EDIT2: Hmm while it might say VR4, I'm concerned that it only says 6A13, NOT 6A13TT which is what we need... I already HAVE a 6A13 manual, I don't need another one! I've sent them an email requesting further information - will let you know what (if anything) I manage to find out.

G

Unregistered
Page 17-18 17.PDF in the Japanese version has what appears to be a vacuum diagram. Near a whirly thingy the text translates to "Westgate".
Close enough for me.

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
I have regestered my interest as well......only about 50 more needed

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Considering its slowed to a trickle, that may take a while... I'm a little disappointed by the turnout from ClubVR4 to be honest - with that many members I would have thought we'd hit the 150 mark within a week *grumbles*

Steve any chance of sending a mass PM to all OzVR4 members about this, just in case anyone's missed it?

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
UPDATE on English 6A13TT translation!

UPDATE: I just received an email from JPNZ (the place that does the technical manual translation). I expect anyone who's registered their interest will have received something similar.

I've already replied to ask them if the manual will come as a physical hardcopy or electronic. Personally I want both - hardcopy is just easier to flick through and read, but having an electronic copy on a laptop can be a godsend in a workshop.

Here's a verbatim copy of the email:

Hello from JPNZ International

We are taking requests for the Galant / Legnum workshop manual. This manual will be a full factory workshop manual with illustrations. Please see at link below:

http://www.jpnz.co.nz/afawcs0131171/CATID=23/SUBID=240/ID=650/SID=63076686/productdetails.html

If you have already confirmed your request, thank you.

We expect to cover all of the below in the manual:

GENERAL INFORMATION, ENGINE MECHANICAL, TURBO,ENGINE LUBRICATION & COOLING SYSTEMS, FUEL & EMISSION CONTROL SYSTEMS, ENGINE ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT, CLUTCH, FRONT & REAR AXLE, MANUAL / AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION, STEERING WHEEL, PROPELLER SHAFT, BRAKE, WHEELS & TYRES, SUSPENSION, INTERIOR EQUIPMENT AND MUCH MORE…….

We mainly have call to cover the 6A13TT engine at the moment but will add any other engines if there are any requests for them, any engines with no requests we will not add into the manual. The manual will be somewhere between 400 to 500 pages once complete.

Process to complete this manual.

1. We require 150 + requests to consider translating and publishing a manual.
2. We order the full Japanese manual from Japan.
3. We then require a NZ $30 deposit from all interested people.
4. Translation will commence and take between 8 to 12 weeks.
5. Full amount to be paid by all and we will ship the manual to be delivered in 5 to 10 working days.

If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Regards

Michael McCarthy (Director)
JPNZ International Ltd.
29 Portage Rd, New Lynn,
Auckland, New Zealand.

Postal: P.O. Box 20-002 Glen Eden,
Auckland, New Zealand.

Phone: +64 9 825 0773
Fax: +64 9 825 0774
Mobile: +64 21 829 531
email: michael@jpnz.co.nz

www.jpnz.co.nz

For repair manual info for your vehicle please go to: www.repairmanual.co.nz

So for anyone on here that HASN'T registered their interest in this, get cracking!! We need 41 more expressions of interest... Hell I'm tempted to buy TWO of them just to get this moving!

Steve do you mind posting something somewhere that will get everyone's attention? I don't want to go cross-posting all over the forum ;)

Top Bottom