ECU Flash for VR4

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Any chance we can get this knowledge instilled into a tuner here in Melbourne?

G

Unregistered
Hmm.. I'll aks Dmitry what do we need to home-flash our ECUs.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Alexander - I've been aware of Dmitry's ability to reflash for some time - however I thought he was not willing to share his knowledge/software on how he does it? The question has been asked for of him for a long time now on the open ECU forums, BUT If he is willing to share with us Aussies here on OzVR4 that would be greatly appreciated!

If you could ask him if he is willing to help us out, that would be great.

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
Am I getting prematurely excited over all of this?

I hope not, I want Jeff(The Speed Lab) to be able to do full remaps!

G

Unregistered
Lee, I asked Dmitry if he could share his reflashing strategy, but didn't receive the answer yet.

G

Unregistered
So, guys, listen up and write it down.
That's what I've got:

1. Build\buy an Openport cable (http://www.tactrix.com/ or find its schematic and solder it up)
2. Get\buy an EcuEdit software (it has 10 (or even 30, i dont remembre)-days trial)
3. Use a head and watch the lambda values VERY attentively.

That's it

Maybe I misunderstood something, but if that happens - just let me know.
I didn't do it myself, but i'm going to.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Alexander - thanks for looking into it. I have the ECU Edit software, and it has the required VR4 definition files that allows you to view/edit the maps. However ECUEdit doesn't allow the flashing of the ECU. This needs to be done with a different software. If Dmitry would share what he uses to flash the ECU (not modifie the ROM file) that would be awesome.

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
Ummm.... well..... as on onlooker providing moral support? My enthusiasm has increased a little!!

G

Unregistered
That was my misunderstanding about ECUEdit. But Dmitry reflashes ECU completely, as everyone says. I hope he'll share his way of reflashing.

G

Unregistered
I was right!
Called Dmitry 5 mins ago, he told me that he plans to release to public the module for EcuEdit that'll be able to reflash our ECUs in the middle February.
So what we need: OpenPort cable, VR-4 ECU, and a little patience while Dmitry makes this module.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Alexander - thanks so much for clarifying that with Dmitry!! :D

I have access to an open port cable and will be looking to pay for the ECU Edit release with the reflashing capability!! Woot - remap here I come!

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Remaps have lots of win. I run one in my Silvia. Interesting to see where this goes.

G

Unregistered
Thats great news - will open up plenty of tuning options for everyone. Also means I won't have to crawl under any more dashes and wire things in tight spots anymore which I am personally happy about :) Keep us up to date as I will be one of the first to get everything needed to do this.

G

Unregistered
Im off to Sydney this weekend, so looks like my car will be spending the weekend there, so hopefully when i get back can let you know how it goes

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
is this only going to work for certain ECUs or should it work for the older ones too?

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Im pretty sure based on Dmitry's post on open ECU Forums he was able to read and write ALL VR4 ecu's, but I guess we'll have to see when he releases the software!

Top Bottom