Possibly Painting My Car... hmmm...

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
You couldn't do any better than the very dark metallic red/burgundy on the K12 Nissan Micra. Seriously, on a low Legnum with black tint and gold wheels it'd look absolutely mindblowing.

CLuTZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andre
Drive
C73A Lancer GSR, G6E Turbo MK2
You couldn't do any better than the very dark metallic red/burgundy on the K12 Nissan Micra. Seriously, on a low Legnum with black tint and gold wheels it'd look absolutely mindblowing.

This one?

27599.jpg

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Nah that's an aftermarket colour (and I have lots more pics of that car a bit later in its development here).

The colour I'm talking about is called "Vienna Garnet". This one:

1_m.jpg

That's a terrible photo of it though. It has fairly big flake in it and would look black in low light or a really vivid dark red in direct sunlight. It'd also be easy to get it looking better than on a Micra, as I doubt there'd be many coats of colour or clear on a $13,990 car.

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
The Iron Bark colour looks very good, Paulie might hate me for it though :p

Nissan Gunmetal is pretty awesome too but rather common (at least on Nissans). The wheel colour is a lighter gold though, not a dark bronze.

And Tim, I'll need a better picture than that to convince me, not a huge burgundy fan but I am very open minded! At least all these colours will be cheaper then MPIII.

And Tom, VS-XX's? Well, possibly...

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Slightly better pic, although I get the impression that it's hard to photograph:

0501356A20100402W00205.jpg

Don't paint it silver. Silver's silver - it won't really look special. Better off painting it in a colour unlike anything that came from the factory.

Edit:

0600131A20100805W00903.jpg

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
back away from the iron barn lachy :p

that micra colour is the tits, and itll match the light gold too

Merlin032

Crunching Gears
First Name
Tim Kohlman
Drive
VR4 Galant
Think hard before going the colour change option. I resprayed my skyline, it was a cheap job and I regretted it. I think I payed around $2.2k for full exterior in 2pak oven baked enamel. I made 2 mistakes I didn't maintain it and the paint faded badly after about 3 years. And I didn't paint inside the doors or engine bay so it looked kinda weird. Anyway think carefully about it and don't pick the cheapest option

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Midnight purple for sure. If yours is a S2 with the bonnet bulge and wheel arch flares it will look mint!

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Think hard before going the colour change option. I resprayed my skyline, it was a cheap job and I regretted it. I think I payed around $2.2k for full exterior in 2pak oven baked enamel. I made 2 mistakes I didn't maintain it and the paint faded badly after about 3 years. And I didn't paint inside the doors or engine bay so it looked kinda weird. Anyway think carefully about it and don't pick the cheapest option

Definitely going the hole hog with it, don't worry :)

MPIII is still the best option but I fear might be too hard to paint and too expensive to do also.

I was thinking Top Secret gold but at ~$500 per litre.... :p

Love the NSX Lime Green, but probably won't suit my wheels :(

nsxlimegreen005.jpg

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
Renault pearl gold/yellow maybe?

Cant find a pic but saw one saturday had a tinge of green through it too

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
also, if you go MPIII, you could probably get away with leaving the engine bay TM, hense cuttin down a litre of paint

also LX0 is the code for MPIII, i think its about 700 per litre though :/

(what about millenium jade?)

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
I was going to suggest Millenium Jade.

Midnight Purple could possibly look a bit dumb... Using a colour so synonymous with such an aggressive looking car on a station wagon might not work well...

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
1493zj3.jpg

black roof and ghetto rubber lip and we're in business

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
I had a Millenium Jade R34 GTR V-SPec II NUR in the shop, looked ridiculously sexual. Didn't think it would work well with gold, until I saw that pic.

That looks awesome. I think that maybe my colour :)

And sh*t! If MPIII is that expensive I may aswell run with Top Secret Gold! Geez!

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Oooh yeah, I am subscribing to this thread!

I reckon the MPIII will look staunch, no question. I agree that maybe scrape down the bottom of the couch, check the laundry, do what ever to get the extra and put a nice big vented bonnet. That would be perfect.

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
ARe you talking about a bonnet like this? One that I already have on my car? :)

[Image not found]

Top Bottom