[QLD] Dyno Day - July 19

kiddyvr4

Crunching Gears
First Name
monty
Drive
VR4 Galant 1997
Hey Monty look into the sika flex , and if it helps i have the clip things that go down the sides and top and bottom. I'll check their condition in the morning and let you know. If they help you , you can have them

Thanks for the offer too benny, its all done now :D.

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
You could use an Access Data base, if someone knows how to knock one up quickly with check boxes for various levels of Mods ie.
Exhaust - Hi Flow Cat X
Exhaust - 3 inch CAT Back X
Exhaust - Dump Pipes _

etc.

get the idea.

Start with the Intercooler and work back to the tail pipe listing the common mods.

Or just set up and Excel spreadsheet and everyone uses a seperate worksheet and enters there own data. A lot simpler but a lot slower.

Too much effort IMO, I've printed out a form, I'll just fill it out :)

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Too much effort IMO, I've printed out a form, I'll just fill it out :)

Even better.
Although be nice to capture the info and slap it all up here as a research tool for mods.
I had a quick shot at doing the database but it's been far to long since I've had to design and build one so I can't do it.

G

Unregistered
I might bring my heap down for a look before I pull the gearbox out :)

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
does anybody have any 2" silicon joiners spare? in need of 2

that would sell at a reasonable price?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
I'll still come along, but i dont think i will put my car on the dyno since i'm starting to worry about my clutch and timing belt..

OT.. I'll be starting a thread about pulling out the engine and g/box

G

Unregistered
The order is
Rob TTVR4
Josh Frozen
Ben Justplainnuts
Kevin VR4-Rocket
Tarus Tariska
Lee Lee-Butts
Matt Whiteleg
Christian Naughtika
Peter Peter-D
Monty KittyVR4
Anthony Mpce
Mel-D
Brent Outlanded
Excuse me for any spelling mistakes, trying to do this off top of my head.

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Good one Benny. I've got them in running order but the photo's taken with my almost broken new phone aren't as good as yours.

Link to Photobucket album

A big thanks to Lee for arranging the day and also to the guys at APC for hosting us. It was a huge turn out. I think we ended up with nearly everyone there and 19 VR4's doing the dyno run.

Cheers to everyone for turning up. And yes Mel's manual still beat me by 2.5 kW. Damn it!!!

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Thanks guys, I will be attempting a write up to go with the pics for HPI, thanks to Matt's flame thrower the article should get in the mag for sure :)

G

Unregistered
That was a great picture! The photographer was Justdave Photography 0412686478 dave@justdavephotography.com www.justdavephotography.com

He says he cant give us the photos because of his obligations to the magazine but he can sell us prints, the more we buy the cheaper it gets. He says to email him so i think we should get together as a group and buy some photos as a group.

Thanks Lee for organising another great event and a good result too!

kiddyvr4

Crunching Gears
First Name
monty
Drive
VR4 Galant 1997
Thanks guys,good day. It was nice to put some faces to names. It would have been good to stay and chat a bit longer but this stupid flu/fever caught up with me today.

O and ben its kiDDyvr4, do i look like a cat :ROFLMAO:

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
pictures

it was a good day,glad to have taken the time to drive down and meet everyone

well heres a teaser of some of the pics i got throughout the day,ill give u these few for free but the rest will cost you

2004_1006nov070075.jpg

2004_1006nov070076.jpg

2004_1006nov070077.jpg

2004_1006nov070078.jpg

2004_1006nov070079.jpg

2004_1006nov070085.jpg

2004_1006nov070092.jpg

brent(outlanded) on the dyno
2004_1006nov070102.jpg

that crazy evo
2004_1006nov070106.jpg

adrian zr4 on the dyno
2004_1006nov070115.jpg

some mad car
2004_1006nov070124.jpg

2004_1006nov070128.jpg

and the most important dyno sheet
2004_1006nov070123.jpg

ive got a few more pics,(lot more of mine) ill send them to the owners once ive gotten more time to upload them

G

Unregistered
Monty you dont look like a kid either so go figure? Nice pictures James how nuts was that EVO . How close did it come to jumping off the rollers. I have a video of it lurching right off the rear of the rear roller and creep within a couple of inches of rolling over the front roller. I want Monty's bonnet, unbroken that is.

Top Bottom