What day for the home mechanics day

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
lol, I drove past there this morn on my way to zarraffas......

In the Leggie? Please feel free to call in any time Trav, i'll make you a coffee ! Would love to see your car up close. I am here between 7 & 3-30 week days.

G

Unregistered
Im just a newbee but really keen as well to come along i have a ssq bov and bigger intercooler to install and would appreciate all the help possible

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Im just a newbee but really keen as well to come along i have a ssq bov and bigger intercooler to install and would appreciate all the help possible

BOV is easy but intercooler is a bigish job (especially if you end up having to cut stuff to fit). I'd suggest you attempt that at home in case it takes a while :)

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
In the Leggie? Please feel free to call in any time Trav, i'll make you a coffee ! Would love to see your car up close. I am here between 7 & 3-30 week days.

nah in the mini, the wife doesn't let me take the leggie off her ;)

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive

Newbee's or oldbee's, come one, come all!!

As Lee said, the IC may take the whole day and that is if things go smooth. I have never removed the front bar but apparently it' a PITR!!
You may think of other things you could get done on the day also.

I just noticed you voted for Sunday. We are going to be hosting this on Saturday the 3rd Oct. Can you still come?

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
If you have any spare empty oil bottles Kev that will help.

Does anyone have one of the syringe thingies that i can use to fill my diff and transfer case?

Bump on this one.

If any one can bring spare empty oil bottles or suitable contains to store the used oil, that would be great. Oil drain pans would be usefull also, i have one but may grab another.
Old rags is another thing that would be handy.
Also that syringe thing i mentioned, if anyone would have one of those that would be great if you could bring it along.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
I really need to get NSW's one going again..... Kinda put it to the side for a little while lol

Perhaps I could just see how this one turns out and decide what to do from there haha

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
We would love to have you along mate.

I think it shall be fun.

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
It will be like one of those Jap work days.....who has a horse head they can wear?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Sweet! So is this set for the 3rd Oct...Christian?

if Oct 3 is fine with everyone..

OCTOBER 3 IT IS :D..

also I'll bring some tools...

mind if I ask what everyone is doing for/with their car?

I'm only doing a typical oil change.. and most probably degrease the engine bay..

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
I will be changing my oil & filter, drop and replace my front & rear diff fluid, have a crack at flushing the power steering (although i cannot afford to sign up for ClubVR4 atm so if anyone has access to that particular guide, i would be ever so greatful if i could "lend" it) maybe rotate my tyres, inspect my brake pads and i am also thinking of giving my calipers a coat of paint.
I would also love to service the AYC but don't have one of those fancy contraptions Trev ( SA ) made to do his.

Oh and the off chance anyone has an evoscan, would they like to help me tune my SAFCII a bit more?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Trev, I can help you with flushing your PS fluid..

about the ayc flush.. I have the evoscan that can control the ayc, i'll make sure that i bring that as well.. I'll help you with that stuff..

just a question.. are there shades there or are we gonna be in a well shaded area?

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
Not that you guys probably care......I am putting in some HID lights, (maybe) a boost controller (manual and electric), and ecu switch to go between sequential and true twin..

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
Trev, I can help you with flushing your PS fluid..

about the ayc flush.. I have the evoscan that can control the ayc, i'll make sure that i bring that as well.. I'll help you with that stuff..

Now i know why everyone wanted you to be here for this, you are a champ. Thanks heaps mate!!

just a question.. are there shades there or are we gonna be in a well shaded area?

There will be some shade, depends on the time of the day. Morning there is not a lot but from midday on it should be fine. I would suggest that all SLIP, SLOP & SLAP! I will be wearing my 'working around home attire' which consists of long pants and a long sleeve shirt. I hate getting burnt.

Or we could all invite our partners to hold shades for us while we work but i know what my wife would say to that *SLAP*

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Ha ha I was only kidding sounds like a Faith No More song..We care a lot

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara

christian, this needs the tactrix cable to do doesn't it? I've got evoscan and a modified ebay cable.

Top Bottom