SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Good work Mikhail!

We don't have an exact ETA because of two variables:

1) I don't think production will have started until JPNZ received all the deposits - hopefully they're not still waiting!

2) Translation time will vary depending on how difficult / complicated it is. Michael said three months as a ballpark figure, but we won't know for certain until it's done.

I'll send Mike an email to see how things are going and let you know what he has to say :)

G

Unregistered
Did this ever come into fruition?

Does anybody have this in English?

I need to know the proper 100,000kms service guidelines and the part numbers required from Mitsubishi.

What are the normal service intervals and what needs to be done etc etc!

Thanks

G

Unregistered
Why not buy the manual ... we are still waiting for it to be converted ... as u can appreciate it will take a long time :)
Maybe next month ?!

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Altaaf a fair bit of that info will be available on this forum and Club VR4. The English translation of the workshop manual is still in the works but we have no official date for completion and delivery - basically it'll be done when it's done.

G

Unregistered
Damn that sucks, I want to do a full major service as soon as the car lands but have no official proper Mitsu info lol.

This was one of the reasons I sold my GTO, no support at all in Aus. At least the galants have this forum to exchange knowledge, but much more is needed.

Did they ever release the galant VR4 or legnum in an english speaking country? Cause if they released it say for example inda UK the Mitsubishi dealers there would have full access to all the service information.

If this is the case I can track down a Mitsu dealer in the UK and get my Mitsu Australia contact to request this shit.

Grrrr

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
they sold them new in both the UK and NZ. ClubVR4 has all the details on it for cambelt changes. I got your PM by the way, but the details I sent to Gav just included when do to things, not any specifics on part numbers

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
Hmmmm so how is this baby cooking? I have not heard much more from them as I signed up for the newsletter and have not even seen one of those

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Yea initial expectations suggested it wouldn't be ready until at least the end of August, so check back again if you haven't seen it by then ;)

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
SO .... getting close to the end of August and have had no emails from these guys to say how they are going...anyone else heard any more?

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Nope. But it's not the end of August yet, and I would be very unsurprised if it was a few weeks late. There's an enormous amount of work involved in a project like this.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I sent an email to Michael this morning - this is what he had to say in reply:

Hello Trevor

Good to hear from you. We are nearly complete but it has taken a bit longer than expected. I will be in touch at the end of this month to give you a confirmed completion date. Should be only another 2 to 3 weeks before we can start printing.

Regards,

Michael McCarthy (Director)
JPNZ International Ltd.

I'd estimate we might start seeing copies showing up in maybe six weeks, so it's within sight!! :bigsmile:

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Ahhhh was just gonna start asking about this......so another couple of weeks you think???

G

Unregistered
Trev didn't he say he would give u a completion date at the end of last month ?

G

Unregistered
I'm nearly steaming...

Seventh month is rolling on. Some babies could've been already delivered...

Trev, could you ask Michael if they can send me an e-copy - or I'll die waiting for express mail delivery of paper copy (which takes three week to pass customs in my god forsaken country :()

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Sorry Mike, I already asked them about electronic copies, its something they have absolutely no interest in (for fairly obvious reasons).

I have been in email contact with Michael, but haven't got anything more concrete to share at this stage - he told me a few days ago he was hoping the manuals would be complete by the end of October now, with another promise to get in touch closer to the date. Hopefully they're just getting held up with final editing - its all very well to translate something, but making it understandable, useful and accurate is another thing altogether ;) Fortunately JPNZ have been translating vehicle manuals for years, so I have every confidence it will be a great document... once we finally get it :p

Top Bottom