SA Mechanics

Dave45

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David Agius
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S
Yeah, that's what I meant anyways. To get all our parts in one shipment.. I didn't mean to put down Steve's pricing on servicing at all.
So does he get the parts for us, or is it up to us to get them? Would you know?
Cheers.

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
any recommendations for an auto trans service in the eastern suburbs? Ideally somewhere near glynde/payneham so its close to work.
Got a price from Transteer at Glynde. Cost was $275 which includes changing the filter and using SPIII.
I assume that includes flush rather than just dropping the old and refilling with new (but I probably should have asked).

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Dropped it off to Mike Dale Automotive at holden hill this morning.
Hopefully I will have good news on the box!

G

Unregistered
There shouldn't be any external filter on your 2000's box Simon, have you checked for yourself? There's only the internal one which is impossible to replace without removing the transmission from the car.

Rex Everything

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
1997 Legnum
Booked in with Andy at Ultra Tune Golden Grove in a couple of weeks. I have heard good things, so hopefully it all goes well.

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
yeh he has Dan. He is now at Jacobsen Crescent. Has quite a good setup - 2 hoists and plenty of space. Top bloke too, I had never heard of him before Simon from AdelJap recommended him. Has plenty of mitsi experience too.

Unfortunately the box is no good so I'll be considering all my options now (manual conversion could be an option).

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
jeez simon, more good news :p

Hope you get if fixed quickly and relatively cheaply!

AUSVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
'00 Mitsubishi Legnum
Either get it rebuilt or get a manual. Don't stuff around with getting another auto which may do the same thing.

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
Has anyone recently had their 100,000km service done by Steve at Racetech and can give me an idea of what cost i would be looking at?

Dave45

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David Agius
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S
J-B I recall some people saying it's around the $1200 mark.. But I know for sure Synergy Motorsport do it for like $1100 ish and they've done quite a few by now.
I'm getting my car done there soon.

ttgvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
steve
Drive
02 vr4 galant, 92 vr4, 85 starion
Dont take your car 2 sinergy, they scrubbed my rim when i was in getting my service. worst of all they wiped the rim clean and didnt even bother 2 tell me, wankers with no respect at all. Oil spilt all over battery, guard, doors and steering wheel!!!!! Not 2 mention $1295 4 major service and thats not even including the water pump, which was quoted extra $500, and $175 4 ayc service all up almost $2000!? Never going back 2 that place happened 2 other i know as well. So again dont leave your car at SINERGY beware i got stung.

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Give Mat from Day and Night Automotive a go. He's just opened up his workshop so his rates are pretty good and he knows his stuff.
If you work 9-5, he can work late too for your conveniance. Based on 4th Avenue, Klemzig.
phone 0401 049 807
info@dayandnightautomotive.com.au
http://dayandnightautomotive.com.au/

My other recommendation would be Mike Dale Automotive.
Mike really does know his Mitsubishi's and does a great job.
Address: Unit 6, 26 Jacobsen Cr, Holden Hill, SA, 5088
Phone number: (08) 83692882
Mobile Number: 0417 083 682

Temptation

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
JJ
Drive
VR4
Give Mat from Day and Night Automotive a go. He's just opened up his workshop so his rates are pretty good and he knows his stuff.
If you work 9-5, he can work late too for your conveniance. Based on 4th Avenue, Klemzig.
phone 0401 049 807
info@dayandnightautomotive.com.au
http://dayandnightautomotive.com.au/

Simon when you say " He knows his stuff" Does that mean he has worked on our cars before? Or just proficient
with mechanical side.

Since he just opened up his new workshop, where did previuosly worked and for howlong. Does he have sufficient knowledge on VR4s

Might get myself prepared for my 100k service down the track. Even though I live around the eastern surburbs, klemzig is just around the corner. But from this thread so far Steve K seems to be the best option, but its a very very very long drive. =)

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
Simon when you say " He knows his stuff" Does that mean he has worked on our cars before? Or just proficient
with mechanical side.

Since he just opened up his new workshop, where did previuosly worked and for howlong. Does he have sufficient knowledge on VR4s

Might get myself prepared for my 100k service down the track. Even though I live around the eastern surburbs, klemzig is just around the corner. But from this thread so far Steve K seems to be the best option, but its a very very very long drive. =)

Steve is even further from Burton, but he is the only one that will touch the tune on mine (mechanicals I do myself).

Temptation

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
JJ
Drive
VR4
Well then..that pretty much sums it up doesn't it. Since the majority of people chooses S K.

Top Bottom