This is what happens if you don't replace your control arms (or go aftermarket)

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Don't tempt fate... Engine plus LCAs in a year would make baby jeebus cry

Vstar_83

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matthew
Drive
96 Gen 8 VR4 Galant
So I got two second hand LCAs today and cost me $22 each from the wreckers. Only took me about half hour to get the suckers out, no damage to them either and they came out of a 93 HJ galant. When I spoke to mitsubishi today they wanted $700 for the left and a little less for the right. So glad I hit the wreckers up today. I will be saving up and getting new OEM parts in the future though.

VR4STHOZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
shane
Drive
1999 Legnum Type-S
So I got two second hand LCAs today and cost me $22 each from the wreckers. Only took me about half hour to get the suckers out, no damage to them either and they came out of a 93 HJ galant. When I spoke to mitsubishi today they wanted $700 for the left and a little less for the right. So glad I hit the wreckers up today. I will be saving up and getting new OEM parts in the future though.

i got my straight ones for 136 each from mitsfix and they were genuine. I wouldnt go second hand for stuff like that.. just because of the unknown history.. esp from a wrecker..

Vstar_83

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matthew
Drive
96 Gen 8 VR4 Galant
i got my straight ones for 136 each from mitsfix and they were genuine. I wouldnt go second hand for stuff like that.. just because of the unknown history.. esp from a wrecker..

Is mitsfix in S.A? That's a bargain man.

VR4STHOZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
shane
Drive
1999 Legnum Type-S
Is mitsfix in S.A? That's a bargain man.

Nah mitsfix is in vic. But they ship stuff..
i got a few things from there a few weeks back and they sent everything to r&d mech for me (just got a geap of stuff done to mine)

lathiat

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trent Lloyd
Drive
97 Legnum (Manual)
I calculated that mitsubishi dealers charge on average 500% more than amayama.com so that price difference does not surprise me overly!

That margin, quite impressively, was mostly the same all the way from a 20c washer to a $120 shift fork arm and gearbox bearings.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Remind me not to get into your car.

Actually I was thinking perhaps you aren't aware the original LCAs were recalled, and even the current OEM replacements need to be changed every 100,000kms or so. Aftermarket ones have been known to fail catastrophically within a year after installation.

I will be amending the welcome template to include a note about LCAs.

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
And the Legnum is heavier than the 6G, around 1 Tonne on the front axles (475KG per side measured on mine).

Vstar_83

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matthew
Drive
96 Gen 8 VR4 Galant
Don't worry, the car hadn't even done 90,000 kms. Never the less, I'm getting brand new LCA's. All other parts that I'm in need of will be coming as well. :)

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
The 7th gen has been recalled and actually is now the same part no. part as the 8th gen .
MR296295 & MR296296

I remember when i owned a 7th gen 4cyl about 12years ago i got a letter for the recall, took it in they looked at it for 5mins and said its all good. But back then it was a different part no.

But if you brought second hands from a 7th or 8th gen you'd be crazy, especially from a 7th gen could be the original from factory the ones you got.

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
He's suggesting the odometer may not be an accurate way of determining how far the car has really travelled. I wouldn't expect adm cars to have the same treatment anywhere near as often. But i definitely wouldn't install a used lca which could have travelled 90,000 kms!

Mulvi

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Jack
Drive
1997 PFL Mitsubishi Galant VR4 Manual
Noticed I get a light groan or creak when pretty much on full lock when turning both ways when the cars stationary. Did a check on the vin on the recall status and it says the lca's were replaced should I get them replaced asap or keep it in the back of my mind to get them done soonish. Cars done 57k and I think its genuine because I have the full service history from japan to when the car was imported if that helps :)

Top Bottom