ECU Flash for VR4

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
No dramas, I'll change it back to stock and see where that takes me. I changed all three to definitely make sure I wasn't going to hit boost cut.

lateshow

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lauri
Drive
TD04 Galant (Type-V)
1146a or b aren't working for me for boost cut values, they give totally wrong numbers. I have 7203FA/ EM2428/2381003 I found onedef file that says 12228 and that seems to work, as stock it shows: (from 750rpm to 7000rpm) 100 100 120 130 160 155 158 160 170 180 178 172. Is this the right stock map? 2cf06 for RPM, 2cd06 didnt work for me. However I'm using the same 12228 for BDEL A :(

justdo

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Daniel
Drive
2000 evo 6.5 TME
Hey guy's
Have a question to ask the experts,been doing abit of logging with evoscan and found that when reading the scan through excel or line graphs I have very little knock,1 count in acouple of places from around 3000 to 4500rpm at around 90 to 120%load,I have also been logging with the knock counter by its self and when I look a the counts of knock they are everywhere from 750rpm to 4000 rpm,load ranging from 40 to 160% and counts between 2-6 (in total count coloum),so my question is which table is more consistant? evoscan or knock counter,I'm very confused.

lateshow

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lauri
Drive
TD04 Galant (Type-V)
Againt about the boost cut. The difference between 114a6 and 114b6 can not be manual/auto. I tried to use only the 114a6 and no succes. SO I'm suggesting that it could be either temperature related OR octane related. There's no sense in using different addresses for auto/manual.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
I'm guessing its temperature related, as the boost control tables seem to be. Can't say I tried one or the other, I just changed both as they were the same anyway. BUT I dont understand dissasembly of the ECU that much ,so can't comment on all the hex assembler routines that preceed the addresses.....

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Hey guy's
Have a question to ask the experts,been doing abit of logging with evoscan and found that when reading the scan through excel or line graphs I have very little knock,1 count in acouple of places from around 3000 to 4500rpm at around 90 to 120%load,I have also been logging with the knock counter by its self and when I look a the counts of knock they are everywhere from 750rpm to 4000 rpm,load ranging from 40 to 160% and counts between 2-6 (in total count coloum),so my question is which table is more consistant? evoscan or knock counter,I'm very confused.

Just to clarify, what is this knock counter you're referring to? if its the application that you've got from CVR4 then all its doing is summing the number of "knock sum" events as logged by EvoScan. If the knocksum value as logged by Evoscan is going higher than 3, the nyou are pulling about 1º timing. BUT I would only modify the map if the knock is consistently in the same load/rpm point, otherwise don't worry.

Hope this makes sense, if not come along to the SA cruise this friday, or AJD and we can chat some more ;) (come along anyway Dan I wanna good look at your car)

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
What Lee said....

Also BTW Lee, Kenneth and I are testing a bit of hot/cold stuff at the moment, nothing definitive yet though.

Kenneth

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Kenneth
Drive
1999 Galant VR-4
Actually, both input is very useful.

I can say for a fact that 2 pairs of tables, A and B and C and D. These are laid out just like the fuel and ignition tables which indicate that they are high and low octane pairs, just like fuel and ignition.

The question is why are there 2 maps for each and under what conditions do they change.

The assembler for that particular thing is a bit beyond what I know for now, I am getting there though! One day it'll all be clear.

I do wonder if there is another table for warmup adjustment, but I am not sure at this stage. It might be built into one of the common functions that is called.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
So if the pairs seem to be associated hi/low octane, then it would be pointless to copy maps to A&B hoping for effect on the final WGDC when cold... but i'll do it anyway to be sure :D

I'm almost certain its part of a warmup routine, and given the timing and fuel adjustments have separate tables, I would presume boost does too - but what address and what scale? Will post results later this evening of varying WGDC A B C & D and also for having them all the same ;)

Kenneth

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Kenneth
Drive
1999 Galant VR-4
I wouldn't bother with putting anything in the A and B tables, as if (as i suspect) they are low octane values, then there is no point. Especially if you use the ECU for boost control, I wouldn't want to lose the ability to reduce duty cycle with knock.

minxy74

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
HJ Galant , CM5A GSR (project)
hi guys i have managed to get my stock tune off and i am able to read it but i dont have all the parameters avalibale such as lean spool, stationary rev limit, idle control and so on can any one help with a different definiton??

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
" lean spool, stationary rev limit, idle control and so on can any one help with a different definiton?? " arent yet defined so no one has a definition with those available (as yet).

With regards to boost control:
changed all 4 tables to be same (100% to 2.5k then 70%) and exactly same plots as above so temp causes 0 interpolation. Above effect is due to another temp scale not yet discovered

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Pretty sure stationary rev limit doesn't exist, soon enough (when enough of us learn more) someone will develop some add in code to give us it.

lean spool definitely exists and the only occurrence I found that matched Dave's tuning guide didn't work, I've searched a lot for this but to no avail, just needs more time but based on an evo 6 it will be a 5 or 6 point map with base AFR's vs the lean spool values, bitch to test too.... I even searched for the on and off RPM values (pretty sure it comes on at close to 3000RPM) but again without success. I do not know of anyone who has found this for sure.

Idle control is also something I haven't had success with but then I haven't played much with it either....

minxy74

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
just went to flash the car and it gives me a error code saying that some or part of the code has been erased or is in use and canceling the flash anyone had a similar drama?

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
Sounds like you used a 7203XML witha 7202 ECU. hopefully it's not bricked, you'll find the ecu is blank now and it won't start, I assume you have now realised that.

PM me if you need help, I'm awake for at least another couple of hours if you want to call me.

lateshow

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lauri
Drive
TD04 Galant (Type-V)
Pretty sure stationary rev limit doesn't exist, soon enough (when enough of us learn more) someone will develop some add in code to give us it.

lean spool definitely exists and the only occurrence I found that matched Dave's tuning guide didn't work, I've searched a lot for this but to no avail, just needs more time but based on an evo 6 it will be a 5 or 6 point map with base AFR's vs the lean spool values, bitch to test too.... I even searched for the on and off RPM values (pretty sure it comes on at close to 3000RPM) but again without success. I do not know of anyone who has found this for sure.

Idle control is also something I haven't had success with but then I haven't played much with it either....

Merlin had those in his guide but won't share them??? or were the pictures from an EVO?

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
I can give you the same picture for lean spool but it doesn't work. and on evo 6s from memory the lean spool editable values are known but I don't think the scale is common knowledge (but should be easy enough to find)

I don't think he has a picture of a stationary rev limit as when I spoke to him last he hadn't found one.... I don't think they exist on evo 6's without ecu programming mods either (I mean code added to create a limiter, not just editing the data)

get it to flash?

minxy74

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
the car still starts and drives fine i'll get a copy of the log off my laptop and tell you exactly what it says when i try to flash it. the car also has an interceptor on it could that be a problem?

Sounds like you used a 7203XML witha 7202 ECU. hopefully it's not bricked, you'll find the ecu is blank now and it won't start, I assume you have now realised that.

PM me if you need help, I'm awake for at least another couple of hours if you want to call me.

Top Bottom