Single Turbo Conversion Pics!

J_banger

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Jason
Drive
97 Legnum vr4
The previous combo if its for street is much better.
This one is down everywhere except above 6000rpm.
@6000 it gets in front but that can't make up,for the deficit everywhere else!
At times it's ~110hp
FROM 4000-5000itsm70-110hp behind.

I'd prefer the previous combo

2 rear manifold is most likely the way I will go when I do it. Thinking about using an FG xr6 turbo as they are all bearing and pretty damn common. Plus garret flage so plenty of future options.

raj

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Khemrajh
Drive
Galant vr4
Stock rear manifolds work well in the first setup the only issue with them is they are restrictive what I did was port them and open the outlet to 2" which I think worked out pretty well

raj

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Khemrajh
Drive
Galant vr4
Yes bro I use 2 rear manifolds so the front would be facing upwards also the trick is you need to port the outlet to 2" so this would flow a whole lot better

riska

Idling at the Lights
First Name
andrew
Drive
glant vr4
Yes bro I use 2 rear manifolds so the front would be facing upwards also the trick is you need to port the outlet to 2" so this would flow a whole lot better
so how did the oil drain of wok you put them in 1 r what you did

raj

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Khemrajh
Drive
Galant vr4
correct...water lines going to the TB was blanked off....its super hot here so we dont need it also...

raj

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Khemrajh
Drive
Galant vr4
Car is now tuned on 23psi boost feels great response is better with the smaller rear end and primary runners full boost @4500prm
dyno results out soon.....target 440whp

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
fto with 6A13TT & bf xr6 turbo
Am just about to start this in the fto but unfortunately I have to leave the throttle body where it is I can't fit it on the other side. I'm getting the bits I need together now. I will use 2 rear manifolds for it honed out to 2 inch. What size pipe did you use coming of the standard manifold's to join together, was it 2inch all the way?

raj

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Khemrajh
Drive
Galant vr4
Am just about to start this in the fto but unfortunately I have to leave the throttle body where it is I can't fit it on the other side. I'm getting the bits I need together now. I will use 2 rear manifolds for it honed out to 2 inch. What size pipe did you use coming of the standard manifold's to join together, was it 2inch all the way?
yes 2" OD all the way dont go any bigger

raj

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Khemrajh
Drive
Galant vr4
By coating/wrapping the mainfolds and downpipe and creating heatsheilds where necessary.
not only did i use heatwrap but i used head shround and heat sleeve for all water and oil line fuel lines etc to help combat heat

Top Bottom