EOI Tune weekend

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
With the 3 Port solenoid, am i right in saying that it can't be installed without changing some settings in the ecu? In which case will we need to fit them on the day?

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Yes. Don't fit a 3-port without access to associated ecu tables.

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
I would like to do my own tune (love learning) but will definitely poke my head in to say hi.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
You can fit the 3 port, just dont connect the electrical connector up and you will run wastegate pressure.

Ill post a how to in the next couple of days.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Steve, when you come over i'd be interested to see if you can flash my spare H8 ECU.
Other than that will come say Hi ;)

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Yeah sure, bet it works :)

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Ill prob drop by and say hi

Peter - 3 port is something you can fit up on the day, only takes 30 mins (and some knuckle skin depending on how the couple of hoses/pipes want to play)

wheres the base for the tunes?

Interloper

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2000 Legnum S Man, NX Paj, CBR1000RRSP2, CRF450
Is this going to be a dyno affair or road gentlemen? Preferences please.....

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Generally its road tunes going by previous interstate trips, which can work out fine. Lee made excellent progress on my car with 'just' road tunes and that has had a lot more shit to sort out than standard injectors etc

Id have a chat to turbo tune and Graham West about renting a dyno for the day if you're that keen but that would limit you to 9-5 (or less) for tuning hrs, which again going go previous interstate tunes, is much less time than is needed. Plus it would add $1-200 cost to each tune id expect

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
Pretty much what dion said. The prices i said are road tunes. normally a dynoed is $100 plus per hour so youd say budget 200-250extra it might be less but allow that and you definately want your car sorted before as yoj dont want it sitting on a dyno costing you per hour while you change plugs or something.... we can have a mix of dyno and road too...

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
Doing this on behalf of Steve: can someone offer somewhere for him to crash fri and sat night of whatever weekend this ends up happening?

eyecandy

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Adam
Drive
Evo VII GSR
I am now a definate for a tune if Steve can fit me in, should have my zorst done by then, I also have a decent spare room/house, im assuming if he has to pay for accomodation it will add to the tune prices?

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
Excellent! And yeah I have to cover costs somehow :)

So we have 4 confirmed:

Poita
Interloper
BCX
OZVR4

That means it's time to book some flights, I'll be arriving Friday the 13th April (yay for being on a plane that day) and coming home Sunday the 15th April.

So whoever else wants a tune get in quick. Of those who do, who wants dyno and who wants road, and before I start randomly ringing people for dyno time, does anyone know anywhere helpful, that place you had the dyno day looked OK, would they be up for it? Mainline dyno too, love familiarity :)

eyecandy

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Adam
Drive
Evo VII GSR
Well it may seem like cutting someones lunch a wee bit but Turbo Tune Im sure will hire their Dyno to you... But its Dyno Dynamics, If you want I can find out for you? Or go ahead and ring them yourself...

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
i think Graham West could be up for it or else maybe turbo tune? Or SKR? Dunno how you'll go cold calling them or their saturday open hours but worth a crack

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
I'll give them a call, I thought of SKR but while I get on well with Steve he may not like me coming over to tune cars there given that he tunes them also :)

The dyno day was at Graham West Workshop, Park Holme, does anyone know if they or Turbo Tune do VR4's? Probably best if they don't....

Top Bottom