EOI Tune weekend

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Graham West don't tune VR4's AFAIK. That location would be awesome for me since I can swing past :) not that it matters haha.

eyecandy

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Adam
Drive
Evo VII GSR
Turbo Tune dont do VR4's but Mike Dale who tuned my car uses there Dyno to do them. In saying that I dont believe Mike has done heaps of them, just the occasional one.

Steve will I benefit from fitting a 3 port? Mike fitted a bleed valve to mine which I'm not entirely happy with, but if I dont need to change it in your eyes then I wont.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Brett at GWW seemed keen to learn about VR4s at the dyno day and i think they have tackled 1 or 2 cars over the past few years but nothing regular. I dont think turbo tune would really care who they rent to

Dunno if Steves been getting any VR4s recently

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
Steve will I benefit from fitting a 3 port? Mike fitted a bleed valve to mine which I'm not entirely happy with, but if I dont need to change it in your eyes then I wont.

Yes, I'd get rid of the bleed valve. It won't give you granular control of the wastegates like the 3 port will. Bleed valve also gives unpredicable results as it doesn't allow for other parameters - i.e. always bleeds air, doesn't vary based on feedback like rpm, load like the ecu can do.

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
I'm down for road tune tbh

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
I would like a dyno tune but depends on the cost... Will be happy with a road tune if that's what ends up happening.

Interloper

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2000 Legnum S Man, NX Paj, CBR1000RRSP2, CRF450
i would be happy for dyno(cost dependant) or road

ttgvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
steve
Drive
02 vr4 galant, 92 vr4, 85 starion
Don't touch GW tried to tune my galant and stuffed everything ended up going to SKR to fix all what he stuffed. GW has a bad attitude and still charged me dyno time after wasting time and getting worst results:( Top things off GW had my car for 1wk and was getting info from SKR Cut middle man out and stick with anyone but GW, that's why I don't turn up to dyno days with him he is a F@$k stick:/

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
It's not actually Graham who runs the shop any more AFAIK. The guy on the dyno day didn't seem to suggest that he'd had a go at any VR4's before, but was interested in them.

Obviously Steve would still do the tune but just using GWW's dyno. Just my two cents - could it be worth road tuning the car and then tweaking on the dyno? Or would that be too much to-and-fro etc.?

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
Do we know of a road that is safe enough and not much chance of being hassled by the boys in blue?

I don't know what sort of speeds or acceleration is involved in a road tune but it could get a whole lot more expensive if we annoy the wrong people.

eyecandy

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Adam
Drive
Evo VII GSR
I think the general trend amongst people here is that a dyno is the preference. I would suggest leaving it up to Steve to decide now that the options are there for him to choose from, and we will be there :p

ttgvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
steve
Drive
02 vr4 galant, 92 vr4, 85 starion
When u have a bad experience it sticks with u and never returning to that site (GW) again, if it ever happens at any other site count me in:) easy for some to say until it happens to there car!!

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Yea thats fair enough Steve. For me, I wont be going back to SKR unfortunately, after the 4+ months he had it to just hand it back with a shit tune, storing my car outside for a most of that time and showing no real interest in a challenge/doing the slightest bit of research, he's done his dash with me

Seems to me most people want dyno but it depends on the cost. If going with a road tune, you'd want to map out a few roads that could be used in rotation as you do need to do 3rd gear to redline a few times ;)

Interloper

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2000 Legnum S Man, NX Paj, CBR1000RRSP2, CRF450
if we were going to book a dyno we should probably get our collective asses in gear??

Bill was keen for a road tune
Adam, Peter - dyno
and I am happy either way
were there others?

dyno options would be Graham West, SKR or Turbo tune it seems

Steve do you want us to organise, price, arrange, check anything?

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
I'll give them a call tomorrow, in the order you listed in fact. From what I've heard SKR aren't really setup for cars in and out and I don't like dyno dynamics dynos very much, still if it has to be. I'll have a chat with GW first and see how they sound before committing given another member's concern.

Sorry I should have done all that last week :(

ed84

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddie
Drive
09' Mitsubishi SWB Pajero NT X DiD, Honda CBR250rr
HAD: 99' Legnum s 2 Type S, 98' Galant S2 Type V
G'day ... Ive been watching this thread but not completely willing to commit because my Legnum has been on and off jack stands, but its feeeling pretty good at the moment, so can i go in the interested pile?? As in - if my car is drivable and I can stay away from work that weekend - definately yes...

VR4 6A13TT

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Shane
Drive
PFL VR4 Legnum
Hey, sorry I haven't made any contact in this thread. I haven't been getting the work done on my car that needs to happen before this.

Hopefully will be able to give a definate answer in the next couple of weeks and if its a yes I hope you.can still fit me in!

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Well I've booked flights so it's a definite now!

Can I get a say $50 deposit from each of you to be sure people turn up, if someone isn't going to be there I'd rather no beforehand, it may mean someone else can take their place. If this is a problem send me an email (steve@transformance.com.au), PM or ring me on 0424 872 673.

For payments either cash on the day is obviously fine or you can eft to our bank account which is:
Account Name: Transformance Mechanical Engineering
(that can be abbreviated if need be)
Account Number: 485 323 181
BSB: 112879

or you can paypal me at transformancesteve@gmail.com but please add 3% if doing this to cover the paypal costs.

Top Bottom