VR4 Workshop Manual

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Yep Ben that should be it, direct link in my sig.

SSV in Melbourne has all the VR4 Manuals, i'll see if i can grab a copy and PDF them for all of us.
If they have an English version of the 6A13TT workshop manual I'll eat my brand new OzVR4 hat!! Not that there's any fear of that ;)

As far as anyone's aware on here or CVR4 Adrian there isn't an English translation of the 6A13TT workshop manual anywhere, and believe me a lot of people have looked. I'd sure be glad for you to prove me wrong, though!

Leggs

Crunching Gears
First Name
Adrian
Drive
98 Legnum
I hope your hat is pretty tasty Trevor!

I'll try and grab it off them on the weekend and make a copy of it.

Shall keep you all posted

Leggs

Crunching Gears
First Name
Adrian
Drive
98 Legnum
I just got off the phone to SSV and am picking up the Workshop Manuals on Saturday....so i should have an electronic copy ready by Wednesday next week.

If any VIC guy want a printed copy just PM me and i'll bring some to the next wash (i run a print company so i won't cost you much)

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
IF it turns out it is for our engine..... what do we do about already confirming with that other site? lol! (im only putting it out there... pretty sure we will still need it..)

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Has anyone even got the Japanese version of it ?
Obviously there's the copy we have in PDF, and I think Kieran might have a physical copy and I'm pretty sure I've heard of another copy kicking around somewhere.

According to Michael from JPNZ you can order the Japanese manual from Mitsubishi Japan if you're so inclined - that's what they'll be doing.

As for what happens if there's already an English 6A13TT workshop manual, then clearly there's no point in JPNZ bothering to go to the effort of translating it from Japanese... And whoever publishes the existing one is about to get a buttload of orders!! ;)

I'll wait for positive confirmation before I start getting excited though...

G

Unregistered
Why doesn't someone look around at translating through other means ?
$300 per manual * 150 manuals is a lot of money. I'm sure one of us can find someone Japanese to translate it for a couple of hundred bucks ?
What things are people hoping to find in the manual that hasn't been covered in CVR4 or here ? Perhaps we can make our own manual of sorts for the comon information ?

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Why doesn't someone look around at translating through other means?
I have Paul, believe me. I spent three months sending emails and making phone calls all over Australia, Japan, the US and even Europe. I got over 30 quotes and even talked to some Japanese guys who live here - they were happy to translate a couple of pages but when I forwarded them the whole manual they said there was no way they could do it. What JPNZ are willing to translate this for is CHEAP, but if you find someone willing to do it for less I'm sure we'll all be interested to hear about it.
$300 per manual * 150 manuals is a lot of money.
Now that's a little confusing - where did you get that figure from? The manuals will be NZ$100, which works out at around AUD$85 as I type this. Personally I think spending less than $100 on a genuine workshop manual is a bargain...

At the end of the day its really the VR4 owners who have held this process up - between hiking the numbers up artificially on the JPNZ registration site, changing their mind about wanting one after they registered their interest and those who simply don't see the point in getting one at all. Frankly I can't understand how we didn't get 150 people who seriously wanted this within a couple of weeks. But I guess some people can't see the point on spending a few dollars on knowledge and an accurate reference for their vehicles when it doesn't directly contribute to their forward motion... Quibbling about $85 just doesn't make sense to me (and that's not directed at you, Paul, its about those who have pulled out 'cause they 'can't afford it' or think its 'too expensive'). I spend more than that on a tank of fuel.

takumi said:
What things are people hoping to find in the manual that hasn't been covered in CVR4 or here?
Which is a good point. In answer I personally haven't seen any manual that actually covers our DOHC 24V V6 accurately. I've seen similar facsimiles from workshop manuals for other cars, but nothing that's specifically and accurate for ours. I've seen utterly nothing that deals with the tubos and integrated cooling system, and I don't think there's much that's available for our specific gearboxes either. Our AYC service guide is also for Evos, which are very similar, but personally I'd prefer to KNOW that what I'm looking at was written for my car (which is why I cross-reference everything by machine translating the Japanese manual). Don't even get me started on interior components, electronics and trim.

Lastly, I'd like to have a quick, easy, accurate reference manual sitting on my shelf that I can pick up and know absolutely that what I'm reading was written specifically for my car. I don't have to spend hours trolling through forums, using the search feature on here and CVR4, and occasionally Googling for the things I can't find. Don't get me wrong, OzVR4 and CVR4 are fantastic resources and always will be, English manual or no. But I want the convenience and confidence that comes with having a Workshop Manual designed and written specifically for my model of car.

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
i agree 100% Trev....come on people do you really want a car mech proding around in your car because he does not know what the f*ck he is looking at...at the moment most mechanic guys are not going to look at this website or any to find out what to do with a VR4...hell Mitsubishi don't even have a computer that can communicate with the cars....get a manual, keep it in the car and show it to your mechanic so that he can learn all about your car......$88 bucks is CHEAP! It will cost a lot more if you or someone else f*cks up your car....

G

Unregistered
I still don't get what your specifically after ? We have the parts numbers for everything, what are you expecting to find in the manual that we don't know already ?
I have never owned a workshop manual for any car I have owned ... I have done a jap engine conversion in a Corrolla without a manual ...

Murph

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
Legnum/4WD TD Hilux/260Z
I still don't get what your specifically after ? We have the parts numbers for everything, what are you expecting to find in the manual that we don't know already ?
I have never owned a workshop manual for any car I have owned ... I have done a jap engine conversion in a Corrolla without a manual ...

The procedures for servicing, dismantling, replacing and fixing every single part of the car. I'm quite happy to get inside my motors, but I like to have a good reference when I do it! Other things like torque specs. Invaluable.

G

Unregistered
Oh and Trev I thought I read somewhere 300$ ... my bad ...
Murph yes for full dismantles of the engine there is prolly some handy tid bits ...

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
ahh, whoops. obviously just something I was missing.. LOL

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
*chuckles*

I might actually ask Michael what that one includes - I don't think anyone has a complete owner's manual in English for 8th gen VR4s...

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
UPDATE!!!

We're now at 119 confirmed requests. If anyone hasn't received a confirmation request via email after registering your interest on the JPNZ website, please post here or send me a PM.

Please note the NZ$99 price is only valid for the initial 150 confirmed expressions of interest. There will be a 50% price increase once the manual is finished. From Michael:

"once the manual has been released to everyone who put their name down to have the manual published we will then be increasing the price of the manuals to NZ$150 + post each so now is the time to buy".

So if you even REMOTELY want a workshop manual for your VR4, go to JPNZ and register your interest ASAP!

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Hi Trev,

I still haven't received an email back from Michael confirming my registration. I did receive an immediate auto-generated reply but that was it.

Derek

EDIT: hmmmm... just checking my archived emails... I could be wrong. At any rate I did receive something with a "click this link to confirm your request" and I have just done that (I vaguely remember doing it already).

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
so why are we so sure this workshop manual we are getting translated isnt going to be in chinglish as well ?

does we know its gunna read good engrish completed when is. ?

nearly everything i have seen done reads as above i dont want a workshop manual if thats how its going to read ?

by the way do you have a list of confirmed emails ? because we all went in and put in every email address we knew initially im not sure if i confirmed correctly

my email should have been trounce@exemail.com.au

Top Bottom